March 12, 2010

Dolphins, and Sea gulls, and Camels! Oh, my!

This was probably my favorite day out of the whole trip. We had so much fun at Port Stephens and Stockton Beach. It’s about 2.5 hours from Sydney, and I highly recommend the excursion.

We started out with a boat ride at Port Stephens. Great way to enjoy the sunshine and feel the wind blowing in your hair. There were quite a few little islands with white sand beaches.

A fearless one-legged sea gull braves the sky.

About 20-30 dolphins swam right alongside our boat. I was giddy to see so many so close.


Yes, folks…there are camels in Australia!! I learn something new everyday.


Sandboarding near Stockton Beach - what a fun experience! It was absolutely beautiful here among the huge dunes of powder-like sand.


Where the sand meets the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment