August 07, 2010

Roli Roti – Their Porchetta Sandwich *is* Worth the Wait!

Alright, I’ve converted. I was wrong for resisting so long. Roli Roti has won me over with their ridiculously amazing porchetta sandwich. I had their rotisserie chicken years ago and thought it was bland and dry, so I was baffled when I saw long lines forming in front of their truck at the Ferry Plaza over the past year. When I found out it was for the porchetta sandwich and not the chicken, I was still skeptical…but no longer. I have finally experienced the bliss of that delicious pork!! And I want more!

I arrived at the Farmers’ Market relatively early one morning and saw the line in front of Roli Roti wasn’t very long yet, so I thought might as well see what so many people have been standing in line for. Now I know…THE BEST DAMN PORCHETTA SANDWICH KNOWN TO MAN! Thick slabs of oh-so-juicy roasted pork, seasoned to perfection with rock salt and rosemary, topped with bits of crunchy pork cracklings, caramelized onions, and fresh arugula…all in a big, crispy roll. I tried to keep my cool, but I was swooning inside as I ate this.
I have little patience and find very few things worth waiting for with so many great food options in San Francisco. However, Roli Roti’s porchetta sandwich *is* worth the wait. I’m just sorry I’ve missed out on this for so long because of my skepticism. My advice to all of you would be to GO, AND GO EARLY!

BITE METER: Roli Roti (porchetta sandwich only) – 4.5 bites (out of 5.0)

No comments:

Post a Comment