June 13, 2010

Taqueria Agave – Tasty Tacos

B and I took a day trip to Santa Cruz / Capitola. I had only visited the crowded Boardwalk during my previous trips to Santa Cruz, so it was nice to see a more chill part of the area. We strolled along a gorgeous ocean-side path and then hung out in the town of Capitola.
Being near the beach always makes me crave fish tacos, so we had lunch at Taqueria Agave. It’s a tiny no-frills restaurant in Capitola that makes some of the tastiest tacos around. Their tacos are much larger and piled with more meat/toppings than those served at taco stands in San Francisco, yet they are also every bit as lip-smackin’ good!

Fish Taco – much more hearty and savory than other fish tacos I’ve had. It tasted like the fish had been cooked in a rich seafood bouillabaisse. Delicioso!!
Carnita Taco – the shredded pork was really tender and a tad too fatty, but the flavors were excellent.
Nachos – the salsa was fresh and vibrant, but the cheese was overcooked and formed this hard, congealed layer. I recommend sticking with their free chips and salsa bar.
The best part was that this whole meal cost only about $10! Great food for such a great price! I’m definitely coming back for the tacos when I’m down in Capitola again.

BITE METER: Taqueria Agave – 4.0 bites (out of 5)

No comments:

Post a Comment