November 16, 2009

Hiking and Noshing in Marin

To take advantage of the sunny Bay Area weather while autumn cools the rest of the country, B and I went hiking in the Marin Headlands. We hiked a few miles along the Coastal Trail and admired the stunning views of San Francisco – I definitely need to do this more often.


Of course, I immediately started thinking about food as we neared the end of our hike. I was craving some refreshing ceviche, so we headed to Guaymas for an afternoon “snack”…

Their strawberry margaritas are much larger than I had remembered. No complaints here!
Ceviche – this ceviche ‘sundae’ overflowed with fresh and meaty petrale sole. Refreshing and packed with a tart punch, this ceviche satisfied my craving. It could have used a tad more chopped tomatoes and onions for texture though.
Tostaditas Con Cangrejo – dense, crunchy corn tortillas piled with sweet king crab and creamy guacamole…my favorite dish of day! I loved the bright, savory taste of the Mojo de Ajo marinade. The tostaditas were a fiesta of flavors in my mouth. I only wish that there were more on the small plate!
Pollo En Mole – The chicken was well cooked, but the mole seemed off. The mole tasted flat and lacked complexity and kick.
BITE METER: Guaymas – 3.0 bites (out of 5.0)

No comments:

Post a Comment