April 05, 2010

Red Crawfish – Feast for Forty Bucks

Living in the Bay Area, one of the foods that I miss most is crawfish. Unfortunately, good crawfish joints are quite rare out here. So I was thrilled when B’s aunt told me about Red Crawfish last year. Since it’s crawfish season once again, I went back to here to chow down. The taste and quality of their crawfish is a bit inconsistent, but their set dinner specials are GREAT deals and hard to resist.

For $40, you can easily fill up 2 people with:
- Garlic Bread
- Sweet potato fries
- 3 lbs of crawfish
- Garlic noodles
- Beignets and vanilla ice cream

Beware of squirting crawfish sauce - a bib is a must!


The crawfish were smaller than expected and cooked in too much oil; nevertheless, I still enjoyed biting into these spicy little critters.
I love how they batter their sweet potato fries. Just a sprinkle of salt and cayenne pepper would’ve made them perfect.
You can never go wrong with garlic noodles..such buttery goodness. Just don’t kiss anyone afterwards!
My friends also ordered a Dungeness crab. I was impressed by the huge size and freshness…will definitely have to get myself one next time!
Basically, don't expect a nice place or spectacular service, but do expect good food at a great price.

BITE METER: Red Crawfish – 3.5 bites (out of 5)

No comments:

Post a Comment