April 11, 2010

Tacolicious – True to Their Name

I finally had a chance to have lunch at the Ferry Plaza’s Thursday Market (it’s hard to get away from that thing we call work). I had been hearing about Tacolicious’ stand for the longest time and am sooooooo glad I finally tried it. True to their name, their tacos were deee-licious!!

For $9, I had 3 soft tacos which consisted of 2 layers of corn tortillas and a generous pile of meat:
- Shot-and-a-beer braised Petaluma chicken
- Traditional carnitas
- Guajillo braised beef short rib



Both the chicken and carnitas were excellent – moist and layered with flavor. Not too salty or greasy either. The beef short rib was a bit too dry, so I wouldn’t recommend it. I also really liked avocado sauce they serve with the tacos – adds a smooth, creamy element.

I’d also recommend enjoying the tacos with their citrus punch – light, refreshing, and just a touch of sweetness.

FYI - Tacolicious recently opened a permanent restaurant in the Marina…not as fun as a taco stand, but it offers a larger menu. If only I could find more time for lunch on Thursdays…

BITE METER: Tacolicious – 4.0 bites (out of 5)

No comments:

Post a Comment