February 27, 2010

Little Skillet - TBD

Little Skillet has a cult following. Tons of people line up in front of their little shop-window for their beloved chicken and waffles, and then squat along the sidewalks in their alley to chow down. B had been raving about Little Skillet’s chicken and waffles, so I was anxious to finally get my hands on some. And frankly, I was underwhelmed – the fried chicken was good, but the waffle was soggy. Even B said he prefered their square waffles from before and the quality wasn’t as good this time. Since I am also a huge fan of farmerbrown (their main restaurant), I’m hoping this was just an off-day for them.
Fortunately, their grits were on-the-money. Stoneground grits with BBQ pulled pork and chedder…Mmm, mmm, good!!

I'll have to give this place another go around. Especially because of the way B described his previous experience, with that starry look in his eye as he talked about the perfectly toasted waffle and juicy fried chicken. However based on this experience, I won't wait in a long line for it.

BITE METER: Little Skillet – 3.5 bites (out of 5)

No comments:

Post a Comment