July 18, 2010

Marché Jean-Talon – King of All Farmers’ Markets

I was awestruck by the bounty of fresh and vibrant produce at Marché Jean-Talon. The produce was beautifully displayed in several stalls under a massive tent. All of the fruits that I sampled were bursting with flavor – if only I could shop here every weekend! The perimeter of the market is also surrounded by specialty shops selling cheese, pastries, meats, and anything else your heart could desire.

So many bright colors and types of produce…and all so neatly stacked!
Even plain cauliflower looks pretty
A bell pepper fiesta!
Even the potatoes show up in colors. Purple potatoes are especially fun!
Baskets of darling little heirloom carrots
Enormous bread selection inside Boulangerie Premiére Moisson
Pâté anyone?
So many cakes and pastries, so little time.

Needless to say, I was giddy as I walked around sampling all the wonderful food at Marché Jean-Talon. I loooove this place! I also went to Marché Atwater during my visity, but it’s much smaller and more crowded with tourists than Marché Jean-Talon. [Tip: Marché Jean-Talon is further from Montreal’s downtown center, but an easy trip on the subway with its own stop.]

BITE METER: Marché Jean-Talon – 4.5 bites (out of 5)

No comments:

Post a Comment