July 16, 2010

Polly’s Pancake Parlor – Pancake Heaven

I’ve tasted a lot of great pancakes, but none have come close to the heavenly pancakes at Polly’s Pancake Parlor. The restaurant is a rustic log cabin nestled in Sugar Hill, New Hampshire and has a quaint small town feel.

An order of pancakes comes with 6 pancakes that you can mix and match with different batters (plain, buckwheat, oatmeal, whole wheat, cornmeal, oatmeal buttermilk) and various fillings (blueberries, walnuts, coconut, chocolate chip). Be sure to check their specials too – fortunately for me, they had strawberry pancakes as a special that day. I usually find strawberries to be too tart in pancakes, but Polly’s strawberry pancakes with plain batter were to die for! Ridiculously light and fluffy with a soft and natural strawberry sweetness…absolutely sublime!

To ensure your pancakes are eaten warm, they serve you 3 pancakes first, and then rest of your order once you finished the first half. So thoughtful! In addition to the Plain Battered Strawberry Pancakes, I also ordered Blueberry Whole Wheat Pancakes, and Oatmeal Buttermilk Pancakes, which were also tasty, but much more dense and filling than their fluffy plain batter. I also loved their bacon - super crispy just as I like it.

I really wish Polly’s weren’t so far away because they may have forever ruined all other pancakes for me. I will always be dreaming of those plain battered strawberry pancakes. *sigh*

BITE METER: Polly’s Pancake Parlor – 4.5 bites (out of 5)

No comments:

Post a Comment