August 23, 2009

Home cookin' in Houston

Nothing tastes as good as a meal that has been made with love by family and friends. Below are a few of the tasty delights that I had from my weekend in Houston.

Serrano ham and brie crostini topped with a fried quail egg over a cauliflower puree – a scrumptious and sophisticated “snack” prepared by S after my flight.
A southern style feast at N and Q’s home. My sister caught the grouper herself and prepared it two ways: blackened and with a zesty mango salsa; while my brother-in-law grilled 3 racks of spicy honey bbq ribs.
However, my heart belongs to my parents' cooking. I always feel so happy and comforted by their food. Some of my favorite dishes include soy and honey glazed quail, jumbo prawns in sweet tomato sauce, braised pork and eggs in caramelized sauce, while B especially loves my mom’s fried rice (pictured).

No comments:

Post a Comment